Thursday, February 28, 2013

The good, the good and yes...the good!

Life around here has been good. Not perfect, not great, but good. Peter has been sleeping all night (from what I know) and I think that has a lot to do with the improved behavior. He still acts out at times, gets frustrated, and throws fits but it's not horrible. But we also know that this could just be a "good" cycle. I pray that it's not and we are an upward swing! We are working on a lot of life skills. We still work on school but he's still learning how to live here and that's more important.

He watched the entire "Jesus" film in his language last week! He seemed to understand it and liked the part where it showed the empty tomb. :-)
Abi's birthday is tomorrow and I am not sure who is more excited, Peter or Abi. He went grocery shopping with me and wanted to buy her everything. Today we spent about 45 minutes discussing birthdays. I know what he wants to buy me for my birthday!

 Speaking of birthdays, we bought Peter his birthday gifts finally. This first picture is not what we bought but he loved this. He received a bicycle! We also bought him a Light Saber and Clone Mask. He likes Star Wars a lot. He started practicing riding his bicycle on Saturday and had it down by Monday! This was a child that wanted us to buy him a bike with training wheels! He learned to turn yesterday and now loves to ride all the time.


 Riding like a pro all the time now. Yes, I know, no helmet. He will not wear it. We are working on this. And please do not tell me to not let him ride his bike. If you do, I will send him to your house for about 2 hours a day. Just keepin' it real people.


Some things we have observed is he does not do well if he's played video games or watched television for to long. We have really limited his electronics time. He's not happy about that but it's been better for him. And us.

 He had his first speaking role in a play at ELO this week. He did wonderful! He said, "Lost Lamb" which was the title. He was so excited. If you watch this, you should be able to hear him. Turn it up and don't leave!




 And that's about all that is going on here. Here are a few other fun pictures!
 Singing "10,000 Reasons"
 Driving at Meme's. He loved it!
 Helping Abi cook. See? Progress!
 First Chick- Fil -A shake! This is the only thing he likes there.
 First bomb pop. He got the bomb pop at the Mexican Market which is also where he yelled "Crazy Gringo!" at a Mexican woman who was yelling at her child.
 We went to the park one day and Peter wanted to walk to his Meme's house. I'm glad I called her because she was not home.
 Mrs. Stacey came to work on Peter's nails last week. He didn't like it at the time but when she came over the next evening, he gave her a big hug all on his own! And his nails looked so much better.
 Playing at the park
Playing at ELO

2 comments:

Mer said...

It's LOOKIN UP!!! Love reading all the updates. I tagged all of David's updates because on blog2print.com, they will "slurp" your blog into a book. You can do it by lables, so I typed in "adoption" and for David's one year book...it's going to take me all of about 10 min...b/c I'm bascially having my blog posts bound! cool huh?

The Cornett Family said...

Great post!! Yay Peter! Hey... Bring him over to ride bikes! That's all Grace wants to do now as well. I heard "Hey Mommy come watch me ride" about 25 times tonight. Lol