Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

So I just wrote a huge, long rant but erased it all. LOL You did not need to hear that. That's not what this blog is for and I refuse to let someone else still my joy! (Be proud Teresa, be proud!)

I've had many of you ask me how I have time to blog. Remember that I brought home a ten year old boy and he lives with siblings. He loves to play outside and he's given a bit of video game time each day. I take those times to blog. I want to be able to look back and see how God has moved and changed us. I didn't blog enough during the process and regret that already. This is our personal journey but I share because our prayer is that someone will be touched by something we share. Maybe you will even want to adopt! ;-)

Peter's had two great days. Granted, today is over yet but so far, so good! Yesterday was the first day that felt like 'normal', well our new normal. That was so nice. Today was ELO and Peter loves ELO. He is already making friends and that makes this mommy smile. That has been a prayer, still is, that Peter would have his own group of friends, along with his siblings. He hugged me goodbye at ELO then headed off to see his friends. He hugged me today at ELO (that beats this handshake I was given last time ;-)!) during break then played soccer with all the boys. He had a great time at CFA afterwards. I am so glad that he's enjoying making new friends, despite not speaking the same language. Today Jamison came home to play with him and Andrew and Abi were both given a chance to be with friends too. Win-win for all. Today Peter showed his truly compassionate side. His friend Sam was hurt during P.E. P.E is the last class for them and it happened in the last 3 minutes. So we were not able to see how he was doing. Peter was so worried. He asked multiple times about him and once we came home, he brought me a phone and asked me to call Sam to check on him. I love that he's making friendships and is showing compassion!

He did say his first Chinese curse word yesterday. :-/ He knew it was wrong and it gave us a chance to share how our words need to be pleasing to the Lord, how we know which words are pleasing to the Lord, etc. Like I've said, every moment is a teaching moment!

Thanks for reading!! Your prayers are truly coveted. This is not an easy journey. I journal it but it cannot all be put into words. I'm so happy that things are going so well but I still do not feel like myself yet. And that's ok. I am right where the Lord wants me. (I hope) It's amazing to see Him in each and every moment.

No comments: