Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 5-First Day of ELO & Food Palooza!

On Tuesday evening we began to prepare Peter for ELO. The only thing he could understand from what I was translating to him was that mommy was not going to be with him. We finally called Eric Hood and he explained it to him. Peter walked away with a smile. Once we got his backpack out and started packing his school supplies, he wanted to call Eric again. He wanted to make sure that he would not have homework! LOL Wednesday morning dawned and we began to get ready. I knew that Peter would need extra time but this mom did not allow enough extra time. Because of his nervousness, his OCD was in full gear. He decided to rearrange his drawers. This mom didn't have the patience but I think I did a good job of not showing it. We finally got out the door and made it just in time to say the pledge and prayer. Peter happily went with Abi to her classes and I checked on him periodically. He would always smile and wave at me when he saw me but was always happy. Jaiden and Daniel Hood told me he looked sad but when I checked on him, he seemed ok. So sweet that they were worried about him! I went outside with him at break time and went to give him a hug. In typical 10 yr. old boy fashion, he went to hug me, remembered his friends were there and shook my hand!! WHAT?! My cuddly child shook my hand? I guess even adopted children do not want to be embarrassed by their uncool mom. Peter had a great time playing soccer with his friends at break. He would hold back at times then go full force. Abi said he made lots of friends and several of my friends let me know their sons were very excited about Peter. YAY! When we left Peter "told" me that he really enjoyed soccer and the game 7-up, Thumbs Up. Abi said he laughed the entire time in there. I am so glad that he seemed to enjoy himself! I thought he would exhausted when we returned home but nope. The exact opposite. He was wired up! Our Wednesdays after ELO are very low key so he learned what 'normal' looked like here. He and Abi played outside, they watched Tom & Jerry, and played some DS. Andrew slept. ;-) That evening while Andrew was at Youth, Abi and I went shopping. We left daddy and Peter here so we could have some one on one time. After a mini breakdown over a cookie, we had a great time! It was nice to have some time with Abi, even at the grocery store. When we came home, you would have thought we had won the lottery when you saw Peter's reaction. And maybe in his mind, this was way better. He could not get over the amount of food and kept saying 'wow!' I love watching his reactions. In other news, Peter has been requesting to pray at night. We love that! He also now knows what his Bible is.
All ready for his first day of ELO! He looks a bit nervous!or maybe he is sick of pictures...
Playing soccer with Sam

No comments: