Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 2-Let's go praise the Lord!

On Sunday we took Peter to church for the first time on Sunday! It was a big day for all of us. Our church was so supportive during our adoption and so many of them went above and beyond to help us. (as did many others!) We couldn't wait to show him off. Eric had to be there early to learn how to open the building since he opens next month so that left me getting the kids ready. I knew Peter would be very hungry so I made sure to get up and cook breakfast. That is so not me! But I did it. Go me! We made it right on time and the kids were thrilled about seeing their friends in class. Peter and I went and visited some of our friends who were headed into 1st service then I introduced him to his class that he will be joining next week. He will be going with Abi because he will be more comfortable. After that we just visited with other stragglers around the church while waiting for second service to start. I know I talked to people but I don't remember much of the conversations. Silly jet lag!Peter did very well in church. He did get a bit bored but did well with it. We were very proud of him.
Peter all dressed for church
Abi in her beautiful dress from China Chelsea joined us in church as did my brother Christopher. Christopher came down to help my dad and stepmom because my dad has really hurt his back. We were excited to see him, despite the circumstances. After lunch we came home and a family lunch together. Leftovers!! Yummy! Then we took our first family pictures! So exciting!
l
While I love Awana and I was very bummed that youth was cancelled on Sunday nights, I must say I am enjoying not getting out the rest of the day. There is no rushing around and we can really enjoy our day. We lounged around the rest of the day. The kids played legos, Eric and I took turns napping and we just enjoyed being together. We also introduced Peter to Blue Bell ice cream. He loved it!

No comments: