Saturday, January 19, 2013

All I'm saying is heated toilet seat..

This is not an update. Just something I was thinking about and wanted to record. As we were out walking tonight, we came across a woman on a bridge holding a baby and needing money. She didn't ask, just sat there quietly with her head bowed down. Who knows what circumstances drove her to have to do this. My heart broke as I thought of Peter's mom. Did she do the same thing? Did she try every thing in her power to keep her sweet baby boy? Did she believe the orphanage was a better choice for him? Was her choice made out of love? I truly believe it was. I have not seen the selfishness here that I see in America. I'm sure if we stayed longer we would but I mainly see a people that do not have a choice or think they are doing what is best. They are not choosing a lifestyle of drugs, abuse, or selfishness. They have to make a choice and it's made of out love. So tonight as I look at my new son, I think about his other mommy. How sad for her not to hear the beautiful word I hear coming from his mouth every 10 minutes. How sad that she will not have him grab her hand just for the reassurance that she is just there as he has been doing. She cannot look into those beautiful eyes and have him raise an eyebrow and give her that little mischevious grin. She will not get to tuck him into bed at night and hear him say "I love you" back to her. But my prayer is that one day we will be able to meet and I can tell her thank you for choosing life. Thank you for giving me this opportunity. And may she know that I harbor no bad feelings toward her. Just a sadness that she will miss out on so much. Hello! I'm doing an early update today because I think we will all crash early tonight! Our new hotel in GZ is unbelievable. Honestly it's incredible. We've stayed in nice hotels but nothing like this. We have an executive suite which has a living room, bedroom, office, dressing room/closet, and huge bathroom. We even have an exercise bike! The toilet seat is heated. Heated!! All of the kids are awestruck! There is a beautiful garden which we can gasp at when we eat our awesome breakfast. Peter's medicals were this morning. He did very well. He had three shots. He was so big. He started crying a bit but he did very well. He initiated holding my hand which warmed my heart. He did not like having to take off his pants and made sure mommy stepped out of the room. ;-) We were able to talk to many other adoptive families, three that are here with our agency, and really enjoyed that. It was neat talking to the seasoned veterans and feeling lost with the other rookies. We were also able to get some questions answered about some of his medicals. He has a big scar on his back and we were a bit curious. He was burned and through his translator and nurse we found out the story. I think it involved him being curious. ;-) The poor thing..it's a very big scar and I am sure that it was painful. They also asked us his hydrocyphalous which is stated in the paperwork. We are pretty sure he does not have that as were the nurses there but want us to double check back in the states. The Dr. also said his cleft palate was fixed and he needed no more surgery. Hmm...I don't think so but at least he can eat! We made a quick run to the supermarket where we let Peter get 4 cars. He was so excited that they were all for him!! He hugged me tight and said thank you!!! So precious. He is still initiating much of the affection which we are so excited about. He is bonding well with A & A. They are doing very well with him. After his shots, they both distracted him after telling him how well he did and giving him candy. It's so nice to see them working hard at this also. He says their names constantly and wants them to share every experience with him. I am off to meet our guide for more paperwork! We are trying to decide what to do tomorrow..either the International church or some authentic shopping which we have not done at all. It really is not an easy choice! Pray that Peter's TB test comes back well. We should know Monday. Thank you for praying for all of us and sharing our journey! We love you all! I will send pictures soon! I promise!! Oh and please pray for my dad. My stepmom mentioned he has hurt his back. He went to the chiropractor but it's still a bit sore from what I understand. My parents are falling apart while we're gone!! ;-) Loving Him, Aimee for the Akin's

No comments: