Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Introducing.....

Our new daughter Elise Day An Xin Hong!





Elise is 9.5 years old and her special need is ametropoia, a disorder of the eyes. We are hoping to travel in October! (Let the fundraising begin!) Here is a bit of the back story along with how we (I) chose her name.

Back Story: Since we had found out about Tinsley, we had been praying about our next step. We had looked at some files, requested some other files, and prayed. Last week it came down to two. It was so hard to know which girl. They are both so sweet and need a home. We prayed and we cast lots. Yes, we cast lots. But right before we casts lots, Eric had said let's just go with her. So really, casting lots was just the confirmation we needed!

Elise- I have always loved the name Alyse but I didn't care for the "a" sound. I received our first email from our case worker and her name is Elyse. I tucked that away. Months went by and we thought we would be getting Tinsley. I wasn't overly fond of her name because there was no meaning. I am big on meanings. Once we decided to keep pursing adoption, I told Eric one evening that her name was to be Elise Day. Elise means "oath to God." As the months also progressed, I got to know our caseworker better. I fell in love with her heart for children. She was always so quick to pray for us and with us, even other things that were not adoption related to our family and for our friends that were adopting. She is a woman who truly lives out her faith and is trying to change the world for orphans. Our prayer is that our Elise will have a strong passion for Christ and that she will passionately pursue whatever path God chooses for her. Just like Elyse, our caseworker. We are thrilled they will share the same name! *Cool fact-my mom said she actually wanted my middle name to be Elise. God's cool like that!*

Day-All of our children carry the middle name of someone important in our life. If you have known me for a long time, you have had the privilege of meeting my Aunt Carolyne. (She's actually my great aunt.) My aunt Carolyne has always been a huge part of my life and is now a huge part of my kids lives. She never misses one single event they are in or even one birthday party. She always asks about my friends kids and truly cares for them also. She would do anything for you. She is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. We pray that our Elise DAY will have the same compassion and heart for others as my Aunt KK does. It's an honor and privilege to name our daughter after her.

Here is a video of Elise that you can watch. http://vimeo.com/97606271 (password: Helen) Her sad face just makes me want to cry. She looks as if she has no hope. We cannot wait to hug our sweet girl and tell her that is so very loved, not just by us but by her Creator and Father.

We appreciate your prayers as begin this sprint!! We love you all!

No comments: